2017 Call for Proposals
Making Data Meaningful: Addressing Critical Issues
This year, we are especially interested in proposals related to one or both of the following two categories:
- Assessment basics and skill building
- This year’s theme: Making Data Meaningful: Addressing Critical Issues.
The first category will focus on foundations in assessment practice, and will feature “How To” sessions as well as workshops in basic research methods, analyses and assessment planning.
Our conference theme Making Data Meaningful: Addressing Critical Issues was inspired by the following questions which may also provide some guidance as you are preparing your proposal:
- How does our research and/or assessment practice relate to the concept of social justice?
- How are we addressing issues of access and equity in higher education?
- How are we practicing critical reflection in our research and/or assessment practice?
Complete and submit your proposal here
Call for proposals opens: February 1, 2017
Call for proposals closes: March 31, 2017
Notification of acceptance: Week of April 3, 2017
Key Elements of the Proposal
Your proposal should contain the following elements:
- Session title
- Session description (including purpose, relevant background/literature, and audience takeaways)
- Session outline (including time alottments)
- Learning outcomes
SAARC reviewers use a standard scoring measure to rate proposals based on particular key criteria. These are:
- Connection to SAARC theme/topic of interest
- Clearly defined purpose
- Sufficient support from the literature
- Clearly defined learning outcomes
- Clearly defined benefit to attendees
- Broad applicability/implications for practice
- Plan for audience engagement
- Appropriate format